AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MP3 jukebox that plays music throughout my house through speakers. I am looking for web based solution where I can control the jukebox. It pretty much has to be a web based solution because of the clients that I have. My clients are:

1) 3COM Audry

2) Wireless IPAQ

3) Wireless WebTab

4) Iopener

The Audry is the primary client and it really only can do web. It can't do PCAnywhere, VCN, Terminal services.

I have had this setup for 4 years and never have found a good solution. I have tried sooo many different things. Including:

- 4am. Does not work over the web.

- Lobby software. Does not work over the web.

- Terminal services. The MP3 server is Win2k and terminal services

does not work for sound properly with Win2k server. Also no

client for Audry.

The best thing so far, only because it actually works, is WebAMP or SnowCrash. This is a web plug-in for WinAMP. I rebuilt all the systems and now it won't work. I believe it does not work with WInAMP 2.81 or WinAMP 3.0. So even this now does not work.

What are others using? I can't be the only one. It just would not be that hard to write a good one.

BTW, I am NOT looking at streaming to the client. I need to control the MP3 server and have the MP3 play on the server not the client.

In the short term I am also looking for WInAMP 2.72. They don't have it any longer on their web site. If someone has it and could email it to [email protected] , I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any help. I am desperate.

-Jym-

·
Registered
112 Posts
Here are some options for you to try....

1. Winamp 2.x and Browseramp
http://www.browseamp.com ,

you can also read and article about it at thescreensavers.com

2. http://netjuke.sourceforge.net

I currently use option 1 but i am working on installling option 2. I think it looks likea great feature. It streams and allows playing on multiple devices.

Good luck

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found Browseramp and it works with WInAMP 2.81. I have found that when you display the playlist anc click a song it will sometimes play a different song. Usually about 2 higher. But otherwise I like it. It still is not the ultimate solution but will look at NetJuke.

-Jym-

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does NetJuke only stream? I don't want to play on client but rather server.

-Jym-

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
depends on what you are truely wanting to do. do you want to have a dedicated file server?? or something that is streaming capable?? if you want a dedicated file server e-smith's sme server software is what you want.. and guess what? it will and can be loaded onto one of your stb's you dont need much speed another words you can run the software on an old pent 90 with 32 meg of ram. www.e-smith.org I started a thread on the software on here and hope other people who have and does use this software will give information as to what thier setups are and also lend help with the uses towards a streaming server.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
oh also sorry if you want to stream on a non dedicated computer use wma there is a feature for streaming.. download 8.0 i dont like 9.0 because im worried about how they can lock you from using your files or at least thats my fear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.