1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the one i bought from bestbuy:

Belkin Home Theater Power Conditioner with 10 Outlets

Model: AP11000-10

Elevate your entertainment system with this power conditioner that filters noise and other interference to deliver clear power to your audio and video components. The simple, elegant design offers versatile mounting options and won't detract from the style of your home theater system.

Phase 2 PureFilter circuitry with isolated video and audio filters

Level 3 power protection and advanced overvoltage protection

10 outlets including HiCurrent outlet, 3 pairs of gold coaxial connections and 2-line telephone/pay-per-view protection with splitter

4720 joules of surge protection; 240,000-amp maximum spike amperage

Now i know i paid to much but i needed this in 2 days.

I need a Surge Protector that also includes protection aganst brown outs.

Now i dont know what half of this means but im hoping a Power Conditioner does something for brown outs(loss of power). So help me out guys cause i dont want to waste $200 bucks on this.

Anyone out there??

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
IMO, I would never trust my expensive equipment to a $15 cheapo surge protector. The Belkin one is a good one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Your Cool.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Love the Belkin PureAV units, good choice. When it comes time to make a warranty claim Belkin/Monster really shine and you'll know where that extra money went. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennh73

Now i dont know what half of this means but im hoping a Power Conditioner does something for brown outs(loss of power).
I'll have to disagree with the above posters because I think this unit will do absolutely nothing for brown-outs. It's only a surge/spike filter/suppressor. I think that something that addresses brownouts would be a much more complex and expensive piece of gear.

But on a related topic - why do you think that you need brown-out protection. I don't think that that is anywhere near as dangerous as spikes.

Ed

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Belkin PF60 gets my vote.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennh73
Here is the one i bought from bestbuy:

Belkin Home Theater Power Conditioner with 10 Outlets

Model: AP11000-10

This is the Belkin PF30L - it does nothing for you as far as brownouts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.