AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.
I have projector only setup for the last few years. Don't have TV at all.
150", Benq, 1080p, for me is enough.

But for the last few months I noticed that I am tired a bit:
1. My room is well lit in the day on summer and I have middle control of my light inside room
2. I have too big screen for my 3 meters viewing distance (my planning mistake) - it is great with movies but it is not great with games, especially with games with poor graphic engine. All visual artifacts is more visible and kind of pops out.
3. I am mostly gamer and it is sad that for every occasional gaming for the 10-30 min I need to enable projector. Not healthy for the lamp.
4. Some games, especially old school pixel indie games looks very ugly on giant screen

I am starting to think to go dual setup (TV for occasional and daily gaming, Projector for big important games or movies).
But I am not sure because I have tiny room and I am scared of tiny 60" display after my Jumbo screen.

Please convince me or share your thoughts about TV and dual.
Do I need it or is it useless?
What's best dual setup for the small room? TV on the wall mount, screen from the ceiling?
Pros and cons?
Can't sleep for the last few weeks :)
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Hello guys.
I have projector only setup for the last few years. Don't have TV at all.
150", Benq, 1080p, for me is enough.

But for the last few months I noticed that I am tired a bit:
1. My room is well lit in the day on summer and I have middle control of my light inside room
2. I have too big screen for my 3 meters viewing distance (my planning mistake) - it is great with movies but it is not great with games, especially with games with poor graphic engine. All visual artifacts is more visible and kind of pops out.
3. I am mostly gamer and it is sad that for every occasional gaming for the 10-30 min I need to enable projector. Not healthy for the lamp.
4. Some games, especially old school pixel indie games looks very ugly on giant screen

I am starting to think to go dual setup (TV for occasional and daily gaming, Projector for big important games or movies).
But I am not sure because I have tiny room and I am scared of tiny 60" display after my Jumbo screen.

Please convince me or share your thoughts about TV and dual.
Do I need it or is it useless?
What's best dual setup for the small room? TV on the wall mount, screen from the ceiling?
Pros and cons?
Can't sleep for the last few weeks :)
Thank you in advance!
Why not remount the projector so it is at 12'6" from the screen ? That way it will be 150" with the zoom lens maxed and only 115" with the zoom all the way out. Then make yourself some black velvet masking panels to turn your 150" screen into a 115" screen. Use it at 115" day to day, but remove the masking panels and zoom out to 150" for movies. Very low cost solution and you won't be dropping down to a tiny 60" display for your gaming.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts