AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new PT-L300U last Monday. It worked fine the first couple times I tested it out, then a couple days went by when I didn't use it, while I was putting in a ceiling mount, etc.

Then, last night, when I turned on the main power switch, nothing happened -- no standby light, no fan, completely dead. I checked the power cord, and it's definitely getting voltage. Also, I made sure the lamp cover/door was securely fastened -- didn't make any difference.

Any thoughts about what might have happened? I was using a good surge suppressor, so don't think a power surge or the like was responsible.

Thanks for your help.

John

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you measured voltage at the end of the power cord, where it plugs into the projector, then you should be good their. Take your meter and put it into continuity (ohm) mode. Then measure between the hot and neutral A.C. pins on the back of the projector. If it reads "open", then you most likely have a blown AC fuse inside the projector. This unit is under warranty, so I don't know how much you really want to dig into it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the pins as you suggested, and there was indeed an open circuit. I looked inside, but the only fuse I could see was buried under 2-3 circuit boards and a plastic sleeve, and I'm certainly not going to do anything further when it's under warranty.

Oh, well... at least I got to use it for a couple days and get a better idea of picture quality.

Thanks for your reply,

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.