AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please forgive me if this has been answered. I am trying to stream a m2ts blu ray movie that has dolby truehd sound. I get video but no audio. I read on here how to enable the DTS/FLAC setting to get DTSHD to play as LPCM which worked flawlessly on my receiver but I have yet to sucessfully stream a file that has truehd sound on it. thanks to anyone who responds.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis /forum/post/16926580

please forgive me if this has been answered. I am trying to stream a m2ts blu ray movie that has dolby truehd sound. I get video but no audio. I read on here how to enable the DTS/FLAC setting to get DTSHD to play as LPCM which worked flawlessly on my receiver but I have yet to sucessfully stream a file that has truehd sound on it. thanks to anyone who responds.

My suggestion for you is to use eac3to to decode TrueHD to FLAC and then try to mux FLAC into MKV so PS3 Media Server will do the exact same thing as with DTS you've been doing.

FLAC is lossless so you should get a much higher quality audio and PS3 Media Server will transcode..

The benefit of this is that you are able to always go from FLAC to something else with almost no loss in quality.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You have all audio settings selected in the Audio tab in XMB and also when the you have the movie playing you choose triangle and choose bitstream under I believe tha A/V options? I was able to Bitstream DTS HDMA and Dolby TrueHD to my receiver with out issues with Blu Rays. If you do not get this resolved, I'll check my server tonight and see if my files are working ok. I repackage all my .mkv files to mpeg using Mkv2Vob but I think I have some .m2ts files laying around.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis /forum/post/16926580

Did you get DTSHD or DTSHD core?

·
Registered
244 Posts
What do you want? The DTSHD-CORE track or the full DTSHD in all its glory?

There is no way to stream the DTSHD track as is to the PS3. You must convert it to FLAC or to LPCM. To convert to FLAC you must use the MKV container as M2TS doesn't support that, and you lose the ability to natively stream it to your PS3. You must then transcode the file to the PS3 which takes CPU horsepower.

What I do is convert all HD tracks to LPCM. As long as the video is not VC-1 you can natively stream the Bluray in all its glory to the PS3. Works great, for those pesky VC-1 titles I simply convert the video to MPEG4. It sucks, but the only solution I have right now until the PS3 allows for native streaming of VC-1 through M2TS.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanne /forum/post/17205387

What do you want? The DTSHD-CORE track or the full DTSHD in all its glory?

There is no way to stream the DTSHD track as is to the PS3. You must convert it to FLAC or to LPCM. To convert to FLAC you must use the MKV container as M2TS doesn't support that, and you lose the ability to natively stream it to your PS3. You must then transcode the file to the PS3 which takes CPU horsepower.

What I do is convert all HD tracks to LPCM. As long as the video is not VC-1 you can natively stream the Bluray in all its glory to the PS3. Works great, for those pesky VC-1 titles I simply convert the video to MPEG4. It sucks, but the only solution I have right now until the PS3 allows for native streaming of VC-1 through M2TS.

I was trying to get full DTSHD, thanks for your reply. So if I convert to lpcm, i don't have to transcode and can just stream? Could you maybe explain how to convert to lpcm etc step by step and with which programs? And when you do that, do you get the core or dtshd? And is the same process possible with Dolby TruHD? thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts