AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like your monitor aspect ratio has been changed in the DTC-100s menu. Those gray bars can also be turned off. They're a sure sign the ratio is 4x3 letterboxed.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 04-24-2001).]

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I've seen various output freq. in HD mode on my DTC-100. My DWIN currently as about 4 different setups depending what mood the DTC-100 decides to be in. It is a PITA to converge and maintain these different setups. Maybe your scaler or projector got confused by this freq. difference.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I have a DTC-100. One of the "bugs" in the machine is that it loses the aspect ratio and black/grey bar settings if it loses power. This is sort of odd since other settings are saved in RAM that doesn't need power.

I know this because I have one and have unplugged it several times.

Given that you had both the aspect ratio problem and black/grey bar problem at the same time, I am guessing that you lost power to the DTC-100 at some point that you didn't realize.

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had RCA unit about three months. My video display is a Seleco

500 unit with DVDO line doubler for non-HDTV. Sunday I had watched a DVD and switched to HDTV via Pronto macro and when picture appeared

instead of 16x9 it was about the same size as a 2:35 with gray bars filling the top and bottom to rastor's. I didn't change settings and when checking both the projector and STB they are where they were initially. Any suggestions?? Thanks a lot, and this forum has the best

HDTV info of anyone. I was going to unplug units last night when I got home (to re-set) but didn't have to as storms had knocked out power,

but up and running now. Thanks again..

John

------------------

JPH

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank all of you for responding!!! Yes the power did go off and I went back in and reset to 16x9. I was not aware it had happened, and the first time through checking settings missed the aspect for HD. Thanks again for the assistance. Had an e-mail from local CBS engineer Mon. saying Network lost HD satellite feed but had it back up Tues....

BTW those were the settings my wife suggested that I check. Boy I will

never live this down!!

John

------------------

JPH

[This message has been edited by J.P.Heff (edited 04-26-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.