AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DWIN TV4 gradually slipped into unconsciousness. Apparently so did its maker. Lamp won't go on. Panel blinks fast. Have read many posts and conclude it's time to buy. What would be a comparable system? This is an HD video projector with a DLP ceiling mount projector with a digital video processor that sits on the shelf along with all the other stuff. I started with a phone call to Best Buy and thought I was talking to Radio Shack. The guy who installed it when the house was built 5 yrs ago won't answer my calls.

It's my understanding that replacing the lamp will not likely fix the problem (it doesn't look burnt out) and the cable from the video processor to the projector is made with a unique and useless proprietary connection that cannot be used with any replacement system. Is this true too? I can't imagine that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds really great and thank you for responding! How do you input all of the different sources (dvd, direct tv, etc.) to the projector? I assumed that the video processor functioned to route the signal(s) to the projector.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergas /forum/post/0

That sounds really great and thank you for responding! How do you input all of the different sources (dvd, direct tv, etc.) to the projector? I assumed that the video processor functioned to route the signal(s) to the projector.

Well it will work in that sense, or you can use receiver. New projectors can upscale video much better than years ago, was my only point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts