AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an adcom 545 amp, and noticed when i switch inputs or my receiver changes from 2 channel to multi channel sound i get the pop noise.

Looking up on a search i noticed this is a problem with adcom amps 545/555, and someone suggested soldering on decoupling caps? I could not do this, but my electrician, installer im sure could.

I would like to know if their is an easier way to fix this.

If not where would i locate decoupling caps?

Any help would be appreciated its very annoying.

This is the thread which discusses the problem did not want to bump it as it is 3 years old. One person mentions adding decoupling on the inputs, is that on the rca inputs or the speaker connections?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ight=adcom+pop

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also here is a summary of the issue from that other thread i linked to.

"be aware that some of the early generation gear that was designed by Nelson Pass (545/555 not the MKII's) do not have decoupling caps on the input. this of course was intentional to keep the signal path clean...the result however is that any DC offsets between equipment will become evident as a small speaker pop..ie when the AVR is changing inputs or audio signals...this *could* become annoying if your AVR/DVD combo drops into stereo mode during a layer change (if your player has them)...at which point you'll get a slight speaker pop."

"My current AVR (denon 2307) disconnects the speaker outputs via relays when muting, or switching inputs...so I don't get the pop. But I've had other receivers that did not do this and got the pop as a result."

Any ideas how to fix this issue for me, or any help with these decoupling caps, where i would get them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts