AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am deciding between the Samsung HLT 6576S DLP and the new Vizio 52" LCD.

I know some of the benefits like size/value, better contrast/blacks I think), and cons like bulbs and viewing angle. I also know the DLP has more HDMI inputs, although right now I don't know I only plan on using one and if I eventually get an high def DVD player I guess that would be two (currently happy with my PS2 for the couple hours a month I use it), but what about:

- SD & HD PQ

- Reliatility

- etc...

Thanks,

·
Registered
215 Posts
One of the differences most noticeable to me is the slower pixel response times of LCDs. On fast motion, especially sports, the picture becomes blurry and smeared until the motion slows down some. That is also a negative when playing games on the TV.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'd take anything over LCD except the Sony BRAVIA XBR2 models. Any technology handles

SD good but LCD.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
"Help explain why DLP over LCD"

No, you need to go to the stores and talk yourself into which is best for you, something nobody else can answer for you. You have the pros ad cons down pretty well, so it's just a matter of size (bigger is better), features, and PQ to your eyes (not ours).

·
Registered
814 Posts
I picked DLP over LCD because, as stated, even though motion response times of LCDs are a lot better than they were before.. they're still pretty bad in faster motion stuff, even if the specs say 8 or 5ms.. it's still noticeable

DLP isn't nearly as bad in that regard.. also the contrast on DLPs are a lot better to me...

A well tweaked DLP set looks really good..

My DLP screen looks so nice with my XBox360 + VGA cable. (Especially since Microsoft finally fixed black levels for the VGA cable with the reference level setting in the dashboard..)

Can't complain!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts