AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my freekin awesome 70" HD television. Now I am looking for some sound. I am not a big audio guy but am looking for something a bit better than the built-in speakers.. plus surround sound would be nice. The problem is location.

I've posted a couple of pictures of the living room. Pic1a shows the TV from the dining room. Notice that it is angled a little so the wraparound couch can see it decently. Pic2a shows the view from the TV.

A couple of things to notice. There are speakers built-in to the wall beside the TV and above the couch. The original idea was built-in surround-sound but because the TV is angled I don't think the one on the left could be heard and the ones over the couch are "over" the couch, not behind it. So I don't think they will work very good.

I was wondering at the possibility of putting wireless speakers on top of the kitchen cabinets, is something like that possible? Anyone got a recommendation for me, I was thinking in the $500 range

Mark

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi mark. I recently purchased a 65" hdtv and the sony dav fx900w home theater system. The sony is wired or wireless for the surround speakers. It also gives you the option to have the speakers on stands (tall or short stands) , or wall mount option. I think the system is awesome for the price , well made and plenty of features. It also gives you options such as xm radio , fm/am , Up-converts DvD's to near high def images , plays dvds , cds , dvdr's , rw's , cdr's ,rw's , mp3's , super audio cd's , super video dvd's etc. Plenty of options and toys , also about 1200 watts of power! Sony lists the system for $900.00 on their site but you can find it for atleast $300 less than that! I paid $600 without much haggling in my local pc richards.

It also has a calibration microphone to calibrate the speakers distance , sound etc. Sony really did a great job on this system as opposed to their other dream systems which are in the range of $1800.00.

One last mention , they have a five disc changer/tray , so you can load up your music or movies and not have to eject any until your ready to put the next five in. Also has HDMI , coax , optical etc. connectability!

Hope this helps , research the model number and read up on this system.....And btw i dont work for sony lol , just impressed with the system :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.