AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone aware of a dual reclining seat without a middle arm in the $500 range?

I've been looking in some local furniture stores at reclining loveseats. However, they are ususally (1) not in a color that I like (2) too wide (3) too expensive (4) don't have a cupholder.

Thanks for any leads!

·
Registered
8,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee532 /forum/post/15443977

Anyone aware of a dual reclining seat without a middle arm in the $500 range?

I've been looking in some local furniture stores at reclining loveseats. However, they are ususally (1) not in a color that I like (2) too wide (3) too expensive (4) don't have a cupholder.

Thanks for any leads!

Most any theater seats will work you just need to buy a right and a left and push them together.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Check out Home Theater Authority and Ultimate Home Theater (frequent posters here on AVS). I'm sure they can hook you up.

Also, try Boston Tables. I visited their warehouse in Columbus, OH. They can fulfill your request for the love seat setup.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Most of the Berkline loveseat options can be ordered with individually reclining seat backs in a large range of colors and materials. At $500 for the loveseat though, you don't really have any options from the brand name providers like Berkline and Palliser (now called Kiira Designs). In fact, none of the main theater seat providers that I am aware of in the market today can do that price. At around $1,000 incl shipping, your options expand quite significantly.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A local furniture store had a right-arm Coaster Showtime as an open box item at a discount of nearly 60%. They managed to track down a matching open-box left-arm at one of their other stores. Should be here in a few days. I got my fingers crossed that it's the right piece in good shape when it arrives!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
FYI:

That configuration of a right and a left Showtime will give you a middle arm, rather than a true 2 seater loveseat. One of the end seats (I don't know if it is the left or the right) has 2 arms.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nooooooo!!! They had the right arm seat in the store. The supposed left arm seat is being shipped in from another store. I don't suppose there is an easy way to remove the unneeded arm? I sure I hope I can get my downpayment returned since the salesperson gave me the wrong info. Ugh!!!!!! :-(

Looks like there is just no way I'm going to be able to afford reclining seats for my HT. :-(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry elee,

Removing the unneeded middle arm would be major surgery. There is a perimeter frame made of angle iron that would have to be cut and welded into the shorter shape. More work than most people would tackle, that's for sure. But not impossible.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, the other chair came in last weekend. Got to the store to pick it up, and it was ANOTHER right arm only chair... this time with a wedge style right arm. As you mentioned Thor4, it looks like there is no left arm only version. I think the store has some issues in the way that list these in their system. The tag attached to the first chair I found had three different "version" listed, each with their own SKU... "Left Arm Facing," "Right Arm Facing," and "Two Arm."

So, now the sales rep has located a two-arm chair and offered it to me at the same price. My only concern here is that the two seats together might be too wide with the extra arm... room is only 9'5" wide and I lose about 2' on one side because a door needs to open and locating them too far towards the other wall I expect that the sound will be really off center for one listener.

Anyway, I decided to go for it and hope it fits since I really can't afford anything more. My wife is not too happy about not having love seat style seating, but she really wants this media room project done before the baby comes in a few weeks (plus, the only seating currently in the media room is the rocker/glider that needs to move to the nursery ASAP :) ).

Looks more and more like I need to find myself a welder! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.