AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal i am trying to find a 2 channel receiver that has an optical/digital input. the reason why is because i recently got a 58s1 that only has an optical/digital audio output on it and i dont have the money to buy a 5.1 a/v receiver with all the speakers (maybe next year). i only watch tv and the sound on the tv sucks and i already have 2 regular old school fisher 100 watt floor speakers so all i am wanting to do for now anyway is hookup my new tv to a receiver to my speakers so that it is louder with bass... from what i have learned from the massive amount of reading that i have done on this site and others is that i cannot do what it is that i am wanting with a regular 5.1 receiver without having to buy a sub woofer to get my bass. any suggestions please...thanks.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
I know of no stereo receiver that has an optical connection. Why not just get a 5.1 or 7.1 AVR that fits in your budget and just use that until you are ready to get the rest of the set-up? There are many of those that will fit in any budget.

·
Registered
29,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18229508

I know of no stereo receiver that has an optical connection. Why not just get a 5.1 or 7.1 AVR that fits in your budget and just use that until you are ready to get the rest of the set-up? There are many of those that will fit in any budget.

Harman Kardon 3490 has one optical and one digital coax input plus has two sub outputs.

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-.../dp/B00198F89A

·
Registered
29,191 Posts

Quote:
from what i have learned from the massive amount of reading that i have done on this site and others is that i cannot do what it is that i am wanting with a regular 5.1 receiver without having to buy a sub woofer to get my bass. any suggestions please...thanks.

Sure you can! Just connect your two Fisher speakers and set center, sub and surrounds to NONE or OFF. Set the fronts to LARGE and all the bass goes to the front speakers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I di not know that. because i actually had a denon 590 and i could not get any bass through it and so i returned it thinking that i needed the 5.1 speakers to make it sound right. maybe i will get it back as i read good things about it and try again. all this reading and i am still learning new things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts