AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a long shot but does anyone know where i could come across a relatively cheap 5040. I would like one of these models since they have the commercial skip and it appears I missed out on the web deals that happened. I have now tried 3 tivos and none worked plus i hear that now you can transfer replaytv lifetime subscriptions so that is a bonus. If anyone can point me in the direction as to where I could find one of these I would appreciate it. -Rob

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the stupid question. I didn't realize they were in such high demand or I wouldnt have asked. I'm new looking into this stuff and am just catching up on the different models. I was just attracted by the commercial skip.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have two refurb 5040's that have never been opened. I want $100 each plus shipping. I paid $99 a piece for them and then they went on sale on the web, so I picked up a couple of those in hopes of selling these.

Byrd Dog

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BYRD DOG
I have two refurb 5040's that have never been opened. I want $100 each plus shipping. I paid $99 a piece for them and then they went on sale on the web, so I picked up a couple of those in hopes of selling these.

Byrd Dog
Do those include lifetime?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow
Hmmmm..... let's think about that..

·
Registered
238 Posts
crud :( I bought two more 5504's for $100 each.. would have bought the 5040's in a heartbeat at that price *sigh*

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by BYRD DOG

Byrd Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really can't be that stupid, or could you be?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Bahhhh-I-got-ya! Makes perfect sense now.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
You don't understand, icecow shops alot at Radio Shack, so his question

totally makes sense.

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to when you said that (I can think of 3 ways to look at it) but..

Why do you think I started shopping at Radioshack? :)

The truth is I was doing satire on naive newbies that ask ridiculous questions about rtv pricing. I know they don't mean it, but after 100s of reads I couldn't resist asking some similar dumb questions in satire. I feel slight embarrassment that I have to explain it (for who I'm not sure).

Contrarily, I thought there was some irony that the satire wasn't detected.

On the other hand, do not underestimate my level of stupidity. yeppers

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Might I be so bold at to suggest the use of the along with the mark-up tags for such posts in the future. Additionally, depending on the situation, you might also find that use of the mark-up tag to be of great benefit in those instances when you _really_ do require emergency RTV-side assistance.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to when you said that (I can think of 3 ways to look at it) but..
Yes, very slippery, make note, should go into politics.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub

quote:

Yes, very slippery, make note, should go into politics.

Definate possibilites there. Especially since Tommy & Dick Smothers never

did find anyone capable of filling the void left by the passing of the late-great Pat Paulsen.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.