AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a component video YPbPr, composite video, analog stereo audio switch. I haven't found anything from searching eBay, Amazon, etc. Maybe someone here has suggestion.

Requirements:

1. At least 2 inputs and 1 output (wouldn't even be a switch without
)

2. Component, composite and audio all switch simultaneously

3. IR remote controlled (I found a Phillips unit but it lacks this feature)

4. $100 or less

5. Prefer compact size

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Can you provide a few more specifics? Sounds like an old 2-zone AV receiver would do what you want, but I'm probably missing something.

Have you considered local pawn shops? Craigslist? Remotecentral.com has a Marketplace subforum.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad /forum/post/20808594

Can you provide a few more specifics? Sounds like an old 2-zone AV receiver would do what you want, but I'm probably missing something.

Have you considered local pawn shops? Craigslist? Remotecentral.com has a Marketplace subforum.

All I need is a brand name and model of a switch that conforms to those specs. Then I can search the usual places but first I need to know what specifically to look for. Maybe nothing is made, I've been searching. A receiver would be too bulky, I added another desirable quality to my list that it should be compact in size.

I have the Monoprice component 4x1 switch but it does digital audio but not composite. I tried using the digital audio connections for composite but video was not stable. I know some switches allow composite thru a common digital audio but not the Monoprice.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Go to Startech.com. They have a 4 x 1 component video switch with both digital and analog audio. I have never tried this, but a friend has successfully.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_fr /forum/post/20809386

Do you have composite video needs from a source or to a display?

The composite output of the switch will go to the existing master switch which distributes video to various CRT display throughout the house. The sources going into the switch at present are 2 DVDRs.

·
Registered
283 Posts
So I would do the Component video switch and one of the outputs I would convert to composite video + audio using the component video+audio to composite video convert from monoprice. In my opinion it is the only way to go

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker /forum/post/20809367

Thanks but doesn't do both composite and component video.

Sure it does, just use either the red, blue or green for your composite video connection. As it turns out, this is actually a monoprice switch (is this the one you already own?) and using it for either component or composite is addressed in the knowledge base section > http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...1&format=6#faq

·
Registered
283 Posts
Vin going from a composite source to a component display is fine, but doing the reverse doesn't work. Thats the reason I asked the question if the display requires composite video. Thats why he needs a component video-composite video converter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts