AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 2.1 system because if I want to run rear speakers I will have to cut many wholes do to an open floor plan. I currently have a LG 50" Plasma (50PC1DR). I would like to keep the price in a modrate price range of $500 or so (give or take a little). Also I would like the system to have HDMI upcoverting and DVD player. I have came up with these systems.

Denon S301 (high priced, great reviews, alot of features $1000+)

Sony DAV-X1V (Pricey, good reviews, good features $800+)

Samsung HT-Q100 (Priced good, NO reviews, ok features $500)

Philips HT-s6500 (priced cheap, ok reviews, ok features $285)

The Samsung seems to be a decent deal, but no reviews. If anyone can comment on this unit that would be great. How does it compare to the Sony and Denon or anything out there. Also if I haven't mention one that you know about with a DVD player and HDMI output please ad and comment about.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions are need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I Like the Denon better. You get what you pay for with Denon.

Between the 4 though, the Samsung is probably the best sound. I installed that and the Sony DAV-X1V the same week, and just remember thinking the Samsung produced a more solid sound.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Check out the thread in the second link in my sig. All the products are discussed there (towards the end). There has been some discussion of HDMI problems with the Denon. There is also a Kiplisch mentioned at the end of the thread that might be a contender. I need to add it to the list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.