AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 7 or 8 months ago there was a thread on here about different ways people put their center channel on their tv. It was dealing more with projectoin lcd's and dlp's since they don't have room on the top of the set for a speaker. One person had a wooden shelf that fit perfectly above his tv and was anchored to the wall. He gave the website he ordered it from and stupid me didn't bookmark it. I think they would cut the shelf to your specifications. I'm hoping someone remembers the site or knows of a good site that you can buy shelfs at. I have a Paradigm CC and it weighs around 35lbs so I can't use the one you can buy at places like Circuit City.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Just go to your local Home Depot or Lowe's. They have a wide variety of shelf brackets that will work for setting up a shelf for your center channel speaker. Just get ones that can handle the weight you need. Most of the brackets are designed to work with bookshelves so you have to figure they should have no problem supporting at least 35 lbs. I have one that not only supports my Vandersteen center channel speaker but also a Kenwood L-07M monoblock amp. The combination has to be well over 65 lbs. I believe I got the brackets at Home Depot IIRC. I used three of them spanned over three studs so the shelf is about 36" long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.