AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have an old PT-L500U in my theater room that started to get waves of blue on the left side of the picture and blue dots all over the bottom. From reading through posts it sounds like I have an issue with my Blue LCD card and would need to drop quite a few bucks to repair.

Can anyone think of other reasons why this may be happening?

I'm not so sure about investing to repair an aging projector and after reading around I found a great deal on a Sanyo - PLV-Z2000 at visualapex.com. For $2358 shipped (not including a $300 rebate) I can get this projector, a 4 year warranty, and a 2 year bulb warranty. After having such an issue with my current projector, I'm thinking a long warranty is a good thing.

Any thoughts, better deals folks have found, or ways to fix my old projector?

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb80 /forum/post/12877945

All,

I'm not so sure about investing to repair an aging projector and after reading around I found a great deal on a Sanyo - PLV-Z2000 at visualapex.com. For $2358 shipped (not including a $300 rebate) I can get this projector, a 4 year warranty, and a 2 year bulb warranty. After having such an issue with my current projector, I'm thinking a long warranty is a good thing.

Any thoughts, better deals folks have found, or ways to fix my old projector?

A current hot deal is the Mitsubishi HC4900, a 1080p projector that has a $500 mail-in rebate now. Check out the HC4900 thread for all the details... it can be had for
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=946618

1 - 2 of 2 Posts