AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nearly 9 years of flawless service, my valued Panasonic plasma TC-P42St30 suffered a breakdown.

I went to turn it on and heard a popping sound. The screen went black and the red LED power indicator stayed solid red.

I unplugged it, turned it on again, and received a black screen and solid red LED. I pressed the power button down and the LED gave me the 14 blink error code.

I searched this forum and used the handy Panasonic troubleshooting guide to isolate the problem.

Using a multi-meter, I tested the P-board and found it was shorted. I order a replacement P-board from TVPartsToday. Unfortunately, it was damaged in transit and tested DOA. They sent out a replacement P-board. The P-11 pin is testing fine, however, P-2 pin on the P-board is testing short. I disconnected the cable and it still tests short.

I'm a relative novice in this area, so I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. I'm committed to trying to fix this thing.

The P-11 pin tests fine and the P-2 pin fails. Does this suggest the board is unusable and I should sent it back again or is there something I'm missing?

I've included some photos of the P-board and the multi-meter readings.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I caution anyone using that repair guide to repair the 14-blink error code on the TC-P42St30 not to overlook the SN board as being the primary board. In my situation, the P board was fine and I needed to get the SN board fixed. I found a repair place on eBay. The TV is now working as good as new.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same model (TC-P42ST30 bought in 2011) and experienced the same problem recently (14 blinks). I am not proficient at fixing this myself. Is there any idea what the cost is to fix this, parts and labor? Would it be worth it in your opinion?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have the same model (TC-P42ST30 bought in 2011) and experienced the same problem recently (14 blinks). I am not proficient at fixing this myself. Is there any idea what the cost is to fix this, parts and labor? Would it be worth it in your opinion?
Not worth it to pay someone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a guy in California on eBay to repair my SN-board. It cost about $70 plus shipping. Very much worth the cost. It saved me from having to buy a brand new TV. A real life-saver. His user name on eBay is: asa.vd.pc

·
Premium Member
18,274 Posts
I found a guy in California on eBay to repair my SN-board. It cost about $70 plus shipping. Very much worth the cost. It saved me from having to buy a brand new TV. A real life-saver. His user name on eBay is: asa.vd.pc
I sent a friend to him and he was very helpful, and successfully repaired his board. Here's a direct link to his eBay store:

https://www.ebay.com/str/asavideopc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts