AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help here, I need some help fixing or finding a replacement for my sync module in my BD 701.

when viewing DVD's on component, after a while, the image will start to creep down the screen... some times going so low as to start re-appearing on the top. at first, this was only happening with movies that had Macrovision, so I finally got a Extron box to start hooking up a HTPC, and I am distressed to find that the same problem exists on RGB as component inputs. and I also noticed a macrovision like change in brightness as the image moves up or down a scan-line or two. I am hoping that this is related, and will be fixed when the sync issue is fixed.

I seem to remember someone saying that this was a fault in the sync module, having to do with faulty capacitors, but after a morning of searching, I am unable to find any posts on the subject.

if someone could tell me what caps to replace, or quote me a price on a replacement or refurbishment of my board, I would be very grateful!

Josh

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Curt?

Projection Systems People?

Anyone else with a 701?

Josh

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought for a minute that I had found it... But alas. no.

While testing to see it the problem is heat related, I had the input tray pulled 3/4 out of the PJ, when I noticed the G2 LEDs on the switcher board... while displaying RGB with the image rolling the LEDs blink and "throb" ... reading through the manual, I discover the G2 adjustment procedure, the one that talks about the LEDs So I follow that procedure. reseting (Very slightly) the G2 so that all 3 LEDs are off.... when switching back to the RGB Signal from the adjustment mode, the picture roles up to the top of the screen and snaps into place!!!!

Unfortunately, switching to S-Video and back to RGB the image is again unstable... and leaving it in RGB after it snaps in to place... no go.. it starts drifting again... and while drifting the LEDs are blinking, and I am getting slight picture brightness variations.

The LEDs are stable, off for s-video however, with no variations in brightness.

HELP !!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.