AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I think I understand my system, I add something new and get all messed up. I just added a Dish 6000 HDTV receiver to my Sony 1252. I'm using my RGBHV input on 1252 for input from CI scaler (which won't pass HDTV) so I hooked my component out of Dish 6000 (Y-Pb-Pr) to Sony IFB-1200 component input (Ry-Y-By) but get nothing. Tried my DVD component out (Y-Cb-Cr) into Sony IFB1200 (Ry-Y-By) and that works!

Is component = component? Does IFB1200 have a switch inside to change to work with Dish (Y-Pb-Pr)? Do I need a different IFB? How about using a Belkin 2-port Omnicube RGB switch (Dish 6000 has RGB out also)and skipping the component in? I want my HDTV!!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ther are two kinds of component. Low band which is plain NYSC out of a DVD player and High Band which is HDTV. (There is also a third which handles 480P). The two are not interchangeable,

You might try a simple VGA switcher that has two inputs and one output. You can get them at any computer store for less than $30.

You can of course go to an RGBHV swticher which are expensive, even used. Check the classified ads on this Forum and on EBAY. Look for equipmjent made by EXTRON and ALTINEX.

Lee

·
Registered
887 Posts
ajantin (no relation to Lee I presume http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif )

The CI WILL pass the RGB HD signals . That's how my system is set up. An Extron converts the component(the only output of the 5000/HD/PannyDTB) to RGB and goes to the VGA IN at the back of the CI. The CI will default to passing the RGB signal to the VGA OUT if it is detected - if I want to watch HD I activate the 5000/Extron, if I want to scale NTSC I switch off the 5000 and select the appropriate source and the CI takes care of the switching etc

AJ

·
Registered
822 Posts
As AJ said, the CI will pass-thru the RGBHV(DB15) signal signal from the E*6000 's RGB(DB15) port. This is my configuration, although the CI is driving a DLP Proj.

The problem with component is not just Ry-Y-By vs. Y-Cb-Cr, it also that some projectors do not support HD component properly - when using either component format. I.e. it may be assumed that a 480i or 480p signal is being sent.

Using the RGB/RGBS/RGBHV connectors treats everything like

it is a computer setup. Which should work fine. with the CI and an RGB capable projector.

Andrew.

[This message has been edited by midi-guy (edited 05-29-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.