AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, it was a glorious time back in the day when I built my first home theater. Bill Clinton was in office, DVD was the hip, new tech, and the kids were listening to...blah blah blah.

I am moving into a new place and finally have time to create a new setup around my 55" Vizio LED. I'm excited.

I'd like to use the old Energy 8 speakers provided that won't get me laughed out of the home theater enthusiasts club. They were state-of-the-art for their time and cost around $600 all on their own.

So, first order of business is finding a receiver to compliment them. I'm going a bit cheap on this one (blame the new home), so suggestions below $500 would be appreciated, and suggestions in the $300-400 range would be worshipped like the gods they are.

And if anybody could give me suggestions on a good way to find a couple of extra surrounds to take my 5.1 setup to 7.1, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll admit that I'm not entirely sure. Not towers. Probably bookshelf. 85% sure they are bookshelf. Do I need to worry about getting Energy speakers to match them? I remember that, way back in the mid-90's, mixing and matching speakers was generally considered to be unsafe at any speed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great speakers! still have the sub in ebony. looks good and works great for it's size. I handles the 80-200hz though my Behringer BFD then my sonosub does the 80-14hz heavy lifting thru the other channel of the BFD. I hava RCA splitter from the AVR and 2 it works and tunes perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.