AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work IT in a public school and we are currently redoing our auditorium. The projector will go in the back near a newly built booth. The company we use for AV supplies has recommended the Hitachi CPX10000 ($8100). The projector will be shooting onto a 22 foot screen from about 120 feet back. We are also having them install a Panasonic BluRay player DMP-BD80 (is that a good one? BD Live?).

Sound good? Is there a different projector we should look at? My main concern was its Native Res vs. Maximum res. Will it be able to handle the 1080p/i (not the important to do P just the inner nerd in me wants it!)

Honestly i have never speced out anything this high end and i just don't know the right questions to ask at this level.

Thanks

-Will

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
That is a super bright, native 4:3 projector. According to what I see, it will do 1080i but not 1080p. I assume you are installing a 4:3 native screen as well?

Essentially that is a presentation piece, designed for bright graphic displays. What is the primary use going to be?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/17038544

That is a super bright, native 4:3 projector. According to what I see, it will do 1080i but not 1080p. I assume you are installing a 4:3 native screen as well?

Essentially that is a presentation piece, designed for bright graphic displays. What is the primary use going to be?

For the most part it will be used for board meetings and presentations. But it will also be used for multimedia presentations/videos during assemblies.

I wasn't involved with ordering the screen but it is new 20+ feet and pretty sure it is 4:3

(Plus i want to hook up my xbox on weekends!)

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts