AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I will admit up front I am new to the whole home theater setup, but I have always been an audioholic and stickler for quality. My home theater consist of my inherited klipsch cornerhorns an onkyo 6.1 system and my ps3. My soundstage/living room is a approsimately 15x30. right now my tv is actually off center of "optimal" and we are buying new furniture.

I'm trying to figure out if there is any decent way to setup a rear amplifier so that I can switch sides of the room so that the klipschorns are projecting stereo from the rear. The idea I had was using the onkyo receiver to transmit wireless signal to an amp at the rear that would drive the klipschorns. Reason being is that the horns are in the only corners in the room, and I am able to tuck the speaker cables in current positioning. It is too difficult to run speaker cables through the attic to where the horns are placed.

So now that I have hopefully given you an idea. Is this a feasible option, and does it matter in stereo if you are projecting from the front or the rear? I wouldn't think so, but I'll be the frist to admit I don't know everything. All insight/suggestions much appreciated.

Christopher

DFW Texas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Initially that's what it will be, I'm sure I'll eventually add front channel speakers to build a 5.1, but I don't see how the speakers being behind me would make too much of a difference, especially with just stereo. And the K-horns really fill up the room. But I've never tried to listen to anything with the stereo channels set up in the rear only so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, your ears can tell sounds front to back, so I suspect things would definitely sound different with sound from the back. But, I guess once you get used to that spacial change, things would be fine for stereo listening. But home theater listening would be wacky since front-back is vital there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.