AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to order dual HO15s to make one 8cu ft ported box tuned to 23Hz and run them in parallel for an eventual 2 ohms load to be driven off iNuke 3000 DSP (one channel).

My question is how to input TS specs in WinISD Pro to correctly model the box? Thanks

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That I know and I have successfully sim'd and made many boxes before. These HO15s are single vc subs with 3.3 ohms Re. I want to put them together in one box so I can wire them in parallel for 2 ohms configuration.

While I can model them together by just doubling the box size and changing the number of subs to 2. But how does WinISD know if um running them in parallel or not?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
The only thing I could think of is resistance under your signal tab or parameters and I know you would know that. I did a search on Google and see your question has been brought up though and you might want to check it out. Also came up with a response or two from winisd pertaining to the subject. https://www.google.com/#q=winisd+parallel+resistance

Off subject.. Do you still have your last sub?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes steve I still have the last sub. My dual daytons simply crush it in audible frequency range at less than half of what I spent

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24518717

Yes steve I still have the last sub. My dual daytons simply crush it in audible frequency range at less than half of what I spent

I wanna laugh but that wouldn't be nice. ; ) friggin-fraggin $$$$&^@#$$$.. Just looking at the vents tell us a little something
well, chalk it up and move on I guess. We've all done it to one degree or another I guess.

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24518717

Thats impressive considering the Rythmik blows most other ID subs out of the water until the $2500 range.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Took a little look at your project, looks good! What are you thinking vent wise? Slot or traditional? any reason why not 20hz tune since hp goes down to 20 and your response will start dropping prior anyway. Don't mean to step on your toes, just trying to be the devils advocate for yuh.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24519988

Took a little look at your project, looks good! What are you thinking vent wise? Slot or traditional? any reason why not 20hz tune since hp goes down to 20 and your response will start dropping prior anyway. Don't mean to step on your toes, just trying to be the devils advocate for yuh.

I'd go with slot port; easier to build! As regards tuning to 20Hz ; I wana tune the box close to the driver's Fs. Also, I can't compromise output in 30- 60Hz region for subsonic depth. That's the area that has the most impact in HT sound or call it my bias.

Here are the sims with two drivers in 8 cu ft box;

What I'm not sure about is how WinISD handles Re and BL in this case where I want both drivers to be parallel connected for a 2 ohms load. And whether the sims are correct. Also, are those 1500 watts for one driver each since they will be wired parallel or split between the two i.e. 750 each??

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
I can't compromise output in 30- 60Hz region for subsonic depth. That's the area that has the most impact in HT sound or call it my bias.

That's what I thought but from looking at things and thought you would be good above with having a little extra extension. Regardless you have a plan and it's a bruiser. I was a little surprised when I loaded them up looking at the output the two 15"s have with the xmax not being so high. Your power is calculated going to each driver but off the top of my head I recall reading something when wired a certain way??? Not sure if this applies to your wiring scheme or not?? I would be sure to do your leg work first. You might want to send a PM to a few names if you don't get your answer here or Google. It does look all good on the wiring calculators wired norm though. Under the edit tab in parameters a guy can make the choice in how the drivers are wired.

EDIT> http://www.cs.uic.edu/~azeidan/proj1directory/sub.html

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks steve. Any idea on why my thumbs up are dropping day by day. I had over 200 a couple of months back and now they are down to 115 to my surprise. Not that it matters to me but just curious

·
Registered
14,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24524275

thanks steve. Any idea on why my thumbs up are dropping day by day. I had over 200 a couple of months back and now they are down to 115 to my surprise. Not that it matters to me but just curious

they changed the thumbs up system and how it works. now its just a flat 1 point increase when somebody hits the thumbs up. before if you had a member that had relatively high rep, if they hit your thumbs up you could see a 10 point increase. the problem is the system was flawed and not pro rating correctly per say.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
No but that's funny. I was just over in the operations section asking about something else and noticed the thumbs up thread and stepped in. I just elected to turn mine off due to I felt it was like twice what it should be. So what are you saying? Is there a way to reduce them?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24524394

they changed the thumbs up system and how it works. now its just a flat 1 point increase when somebody hits the thumbs up. before if you had a member that had relatively high rep, if they hit your thumbs up you could see a 10 point increase. the problem is the system was flawed and not pro rating correctly per say.

Is that what was going on! holy crap!!

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
i am also curious when you say your dual dayton 15's blow the Rythmik FV15HP away. here is a comparison between the HO18 and FV15HP 2 prt. obviously since the dayton is sealed in this comparison you would need to add around 8db to the tune. the 18 should have 3db or so on the 15, but I do not see a blown away comparison. i would expect a little less output in the mid upper range since I doubt you will be using a powersoft k10 to power them.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24524421

i am also curious when you say your dual dayton 15's blow the Rythmik FV15HP away. here is a comparison between the HO18 and FV15HP 2 prt. obviously since the dayton is sealed in this comparison you would need to add around 8db to the tune. the 18 should have 3db or so on the 15, but I do not see a blown away comparison. i would expect a little less output in the mid upper range since I doubt you will be using a powersoft k10 to power them.

Dual HO15s you know offer bigger Sd and move far more air than a single 18 restricting the debate to these dayton variants and further porting the box just seals the deal against a single FV15HP in two ports open mode. Though the comparison isn't equal but it is far less costlier to DIY dual HO15s. I already have dual HO15s in their own separate cabs. But I think building one 8 cu ft ported box out of those two drivers and then making another 8 cu footer with duals will still cost less than what I paid for Rythmik. The quads will murder Rythmik at that price point and that's the kind of performance I long for.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24524275

Ok you asked a question and I'm presuming you have the answer because of the grin??

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24524871

Ok you asked a question and I'm presuming you have the answer because of the grin??

You're right. Thanks steve and BH

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123  /t/1523844/help-for-dual-daytons#post_24525883

You're right. Thanks steve and BH

Well I turned mine back on and it went down like 400
much more realistic now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts