AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The projector's green Power led is lit and all other leds are off but all tubes are off.

HELP, HELP, HELP....:confused: :confused:

Renato

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Do you have a signal to it ? Did you hear the HV crackle and come up ? Do the internal test patterns display ? Do you know the settings of your G2 and Drive values ? Are the tubes turned off (Push Color,8 I think to turn them all on).

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Renato

Paul is correct. Color, 8 to turn on all colors. Something else to check would be brightness and contrast. Someone may have helped you by turning them down.

Walt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I turned down the contrast to centre the raster on the tubes face. After some seconds all tubes are turned off. I don't hear the HV crackle. The projector seems in standby.

Thanks

Renato

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

Is the unit on a ceiling? If so, power off and try reseating the horizontal sweep board, it is mounted in a metal sleeve between the green and blue tubes. Try also building a shim with some layers of electrical tape in the metal cap for that sleeve, to hold the board up into it's connector firmly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tim,

The unit is on the floor. I made everything that you advised but without to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Renato

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Most likely a failed high voltage power supply or horizontal deflection board, best way to find out is to swap in new modules.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Try hitting the # key to call up the test patterns, then crank up the brightness and contrast. Look into the lenses to see if you can see anything.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sometimes,

Big(80pin?)connector under Blue tube needs clean/reseating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.