AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start out small with a home theater. I currently have a two year old Toshiba 32" which does not support progressive scan per Toshiba. I've seen some good reviews on Kenwood's HTB-504/504DV. With one kid in college and the other soon to be my budget is limited.

Thru my missus work, we can get a Panny RP91 for $0.00 (incentives, incentives.) So, would I be better going with the Kenwood HTB, buying separately, or wait a few years and hope my Sony VCR can last?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If I could get the RP91 for free Id take it!!! :)

Steve

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
LilBro,

The RP-91 will put out interlaced, too.

Reasonable A/V receivers are available for under $300 (Onkyo, JVC, etc).

Inexpensive 5.1 speaker systems are available that are better than come with the HTBs. Check the HTD Web site: http://www.hometheaterdirect.com/

More alternatives are available by searching the AVS forums for "HTB".

I hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, it looks like I'll snag the Panny RP-91 and a set of Home Theater Direct Level One speakers. As our family is on the lower level of a bi-level and isn't square or very big, I don't want to invest much. Now in a few years when we build my wife house on the hill that will be a different story. Now to a good receiver/amplifier. I just don't think my 24 year old Lafayette 9090 will cut the mustard.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.