AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have just purchased a set of Definitive Tech Pro Monitor 800, a Definitive Technology 1000 center, a Definitive Technology 800 active sub along with a Onkyo TX - SR313.

I have read different approaches about how to connect your sub to the receiver.  I have just bought the lead to connect my receiver and sub via the FLE connection and then read a post that says that I would be able to listen to DVDs with this approach but with CDs or MP3s I would get no bass when listening and advised to use both LFE and 2 RCA cables so that setreo sources would work.

Is this right or will LFE work for everything?

Thanks

·
Registered
951 Posts
if your sub has a stereo (i.e. 2x RCA ) connector then you may as well use a Y -cable to connect your sub to your receiver.

You don't need to plug in both, but you will get a slight gain (3db or so) by doing so, and it will make the auto on from standby a bit more efficient.

You will probably get conflicting opinions, but my advice is, if it has two jacks in, just spend the 10 bucks and get a y-splitter for it. Doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks McStyie.  So just to clarify, I can use the single RCA into the LFE that I already have and also connect the left/right RCA from my receiver to the sub, is this what you are saying?

I had been told that teh LFE connection is always the best option but will adding L/ R RCA as well cuause issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffmonkey  /t/1521231/help-for-newbie-to-home-theatres-5-1-setting-up-subwoofer#post_24446042

For stero sources such as CD as well?  Thanks for the help
Yes. The LFE connection is all you need. It is a matter of using the proper settings in the 373. Read the 373 owners manual as to what settings to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.