AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a pre-wired media room ( 12' x 20' x 8'). I am planning on building Home theatre with PANASONIC ARU100 projector. I have decided to buy DENON 2312 receiver ($ 600). I am confused as to which sub woofer and speakers to go with. I wanna spend about 1200 - 1500 for 7 speakers and sub woofer combined. Please provide any recommendations. I will be watching football and movies a lot hence want a killer speaker system which would be loud as heck. (hopefully wife wont mind..LOL!)

I am looking at following sub woofers:

Velodyne, EPIK, SVS, HSU, BIS F12.

for speakers I am looking at polk, energy, accoustech, jammo, hsu

I think I am setting up the right budget for the system (1/3 for receiver and 2/3 for speaker system).

Please provide any suggestions as to which combination of speakers and sub woofer would go good with denon 2312.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
If it was me, I buy the big HSU VTF15H ~$1k which leave you $500 for 7 Polk Audio speakers which are pretty cheap at Newegg. 3 pairs Monitor 40 (for front/side/rear)usually on sale for $119/pair= $357, CS2 center: usually on sale for $109, Need to buy stands for them though. If the Monitor 40 are too big for surround, you can get the Monitor 30 or 20. Even better, buy 4 pairs of the Monitor 40 for less than $500 and use all same speakers all arround and you still have one speaker left for back up. I think you will be very happy with this set up in your room.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I would really look at vanns deals they are having on energy speakers. I personally just bought a new denon 2112 at one call for 430, if you don't need the up scaling chip, stick with the 2112, this is actually recommended in the denon thread.

Next I bought a pair of rc-30 for 499 for my fronts, for my center a rc-lcr at 249 (this center is amazing) and for my rears I snagged an open box rc10 which sound absolutely amazing, and put out a very full sound for 199 for the pair. Not running 7.1 yet room is only 12x12, but plan on picking up an energy 10.3 s subwoofer at newegg for 200. In my basement I have a projector, and running paradigm monitor 7 with a cc-370, with a Yamaha v663, and I actually think the energy speakers sound much better . If I were you and you have the space, look at the energy rc70 at vanns.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Note that you can get a 2312CI for much cheaper through J&R or Electronics Expo, just call them and ask for their best pricing on this model. I think J&R is currently offering it brand new in box for $459 shipped. If you have ~$600 to spend on a receiver, you can even step it up to a 3312CI from Electronics Expo for $624 shipped. Personally, I would go for a 2312CI and use the added savings on a good subwoofer, such as a Outlaw LFM-1 EX or one of the HSU VTF models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts