Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm having a little trouble with my 45TX and an Adcom 545 amp I purchased.

I use the Adcom to drive my Paradigm Studio 40s and I preout the FL and FR to the Adcom.

I'm getting a slight pop when I switch sources say from DVD to TV/Sat. ( It does it on any source). It is annoying.

Has anyone else experienced that problem?

Do I need to do anything to tell the 45 that I'm pre-outing? I can't find anywhere in the manual or screens that I need to do so but I thought I'd ask.

I think it may be a slight ground loop but I've did all the normal tests and can't isolate an input that may be causing the problem.

All of my components are two plug except the Monster Power 2000 power strip which has three plugged into the wall.

I'm thinking of buying a couple of 6db attenuator for the Adocm to see if that helps as suugested by another on this forum.

Anyway, just wanted to check and see if anyone has suggestions or has experienced the same problem pre-outting the 45.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly from the amp and speakers associated with it. But, there is a very small pop when the receiver is turned on.

Mike

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mike, I should have my 45TX in a week or so. I plan to use my Bryston 4B ST for the FL and FR channels (driving N804s). I'll let you know how it works out...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I get a pop (barely audible) when I turn my receiver on, but no pops after that at all. I leave my Sunfire Cinema Grand powered up (always on).

Sorny

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Mike, did your pop noise go away after leaving it on all the time?

Sorny

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems like it is less........................but it is still there.

Its enough less that I'm not noticing it much....

Mike

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I use an Adcom GFA-6000, it is a 5 channel amp and do not have any popping what so ever.

Mike,

Try using the amp with other channels on the receiver and see if the problem still happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.