AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 tuners for (OTA) HD , samsung SIR-T451, and a HDhomerun. My T.V. does not have a HD receiver built in. The problem I am having is neither of these tuners will pick up a local channel OTA. I get excellent reception directly to my T.V. I am using a medium directional antenna, mounted aprox 15 ft up. I am trying to pickup WCIA and WCIA-DT. I live aprox. 13-14 miles away from their tower. Any sugesstions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbon /forum/post/0

I am using a medium directional antenna, mounted aprox 15 ft up. I am trying to pickup WCIA and WCIA-DT. I live aprox. 13-14 miles away from their tower.

Which medium directional antenna are you using?? You should check with the local thread for the Champaign, IL area to whether WCIA-DT is still operating at low STA power or not. The FCC database for WCIA-DT broadcasting on UHF 48 ( http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WCIA ) shows a STA power level of only 1.27 kilowatts with a construction permit for the full 1000 KW power. WCIA is owned by Nexstar broadcasting and Nexstar has a lot of stations still operating at low power on the digital broadcast. The wikipedia entry for the station indicates that WCIA-DT is not broadcasting HD either. If the DT signal is at 1.27 KW, that may be why you can't get the station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.