AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I need an elegant way to get my external hard drive with mp3's to my pre-amp. I would like to use a ipod or someway to select a song to play from my lounge chair . Maybe a laptop plugged into my pre-amp with an app on the ipod by bluetooth to control. (wireless)

Don't want a PC to TV and keyboard & mouse.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JD

·
Registered
269 Posts
If it's an iPod touch (or iPhone) then you can use the free Apple Remote app from the app store. This can be paired with iTunes to control pc music playback, showing album art, playlists and ratings on the handheld device

I use foobar2000 as my pc audio player and there is a plug-in to add apple remote to that. It also requires the Apple Bonjour component be installed if iTunes is not installed. I run foobar at startup, so it sits unseen behind windows Media player on my htpc. When I want music on, I press the on button on my windows media remote control, connect my iPhone to wi-fi (no Bluetooth) and just open the remote app on the phone. This avoids the need for the projector on when listening to music.

Rob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.