AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if there is some trick to getting the L300u to function (produce picture) via a DVD player through the component hook-up. I've got a Panasonic RP62 DVD player, and I can get it to show video through the composite jack, but not the component jack. Is there something I may not be doing that I need to? I've checked the obvious (power, cables all secure, etc.). I've also gone into the set-up menu on the DVD player and enabeled the progressive scan. I can't find anything on the L300u's menu. PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No special tricks or setups for me when I popped open both boxes of the same equiptment you have, just turned everything on and selected component and push play. Have you tried a different player or HD box via component to rule out the projector as a problem?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know about the RP62, but my Samsung is either / or with composite and component - I had to select component out to get a picture on the back of the player.

-Mike

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I switched the projectors input to component. I went into the set-up menu on the dvd player and enabeled the progressive. This is actually my second 300u, as the first one shorted out right away. But, I did have it running for about 10 minutes, and that one did the same thing, with two dvd players. I'm wondering if there's a problem with the dvd players, if theres some setting I'm not seeing, or if there is something wrong with the component cable I bought (came from s-video.com).

Any more thoughts?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
did you press the "progressive out" button in the bottom right corner of the dvd player?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As it turns out, it was the cable that I got from s-video.com. When I wiggled the cable where it came out of the dvd player, the picture came on. I must have a cable with a bad connection. I hope I can return it. I must say though, I'm suprised that all three of the cables are bad. I would have thought it would have only been on of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.