AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm trying to boot up from the first time after put all the hardwares together and I have that error. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

CPU: 2100 intel

MB: Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
My guess would a loose cable or other connection. Check that all cables, memory and cards are properly seated and in the proper connectors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy
My guess would a loose cable or other connection. Check that all cables, memory and cards are properly seated and in the proper connectors.
Yes, I did remove all cables from MB and reconnect them back all couple times and still having the same issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy
Pull one of the memory cards out? That flak at the bottom of the screen looks like bad memory. Maybe get MemTest and boot that?
olyteddy,

The funny thing was....I inserted my HIS 5770 to that MB and I got that flak move on top of the screen.
.....no matter what I press on my keyboard such as Del key, Tab key or F9 and F12 it does not function....every parts I just got at MicroCenter.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Here's what you could also try the following:

1) reset the cmos.

2) disconnect all cards and cables except for power and keyboard. Install one stick of ram at a time.

3) try a different psu.

4) re-install the cpu hsf.

5) try booting with the motherboard outside the case.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13
Here's what you could also try the following:

1) reset the cmos.

2) disconnect all cards and cables except for power and keyboard. Install one stick of ram at a time.

3) try a different psu.

4) re-install the cpu hsf.

5) try booting with the motherboard outside the case.
Audit13,

After tried all the steps that you recommended but still no luck for me. I will try different method to see if it will let me, if not then I have to exchange Motherboard.

1) reset the cmos =====YES did that

2) disconnect all cards and cables except for power and keyboard. Install one stick of ram at a time. ====done that

4) re-install the cpu hsf.=====done that

5) try booting with the motherboard outside the case. ====done that

3) try a different psu. == I dont have a nother PSU to try out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 /forum/post/20908106

When you re-installed the psu, did you also re-seat the cpu?

I doubt it's the ram unless both sticks are bad, which is unlikely. Did you try different ram slots in the board?

audit13,

I dont have another PSU to try out.

Yes, I have 2 sticks of RAM and tried each of them on each slot 1,2,3,4 also remove CPU/heatsink and redo all over but still no luck

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'd return the MB and get a different brand - I did for the same reason. This is a known issue with that motherboard. It usually occurs when you use a large TV display over HDMI. If you can get in the BIOS you can try increasing the voltage of the GPU. Some say that helps. On my 67" DLP placing the GPU voltage on max still didn't help.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte /forum/post/20909590

I'd return the MB and get a different brand - I did for the same reason. This is a known issue with that motherboard. It usually occurs when you use a large TV display over HDMI. If you can get in the BIOS you can try increasing the voltage of the GPU. Some say that helps. On my 67" DLP placing the GPU voltage on max still didn't help.

That would be fine, but he did mention swapping the video card with a 5770 with no resolution.

My thoughts are incompatible memory base on the following

1. Memory no on the vendors QVL for that board.

2. Gigabyte website states on web page the following "Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules".

If these did work you would need to downgrade them to 1333. I am sure the board would do this automatically, but you can't get that far. I am not saying that these will not work with other combos, but you are having problems and that is where I would start.

Since you have to downgrade to 1333 anyway. I suggest these modules if you want to stay with the same brand. These are on the vendors QVL. F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL or F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH.

Here is a link to the vendors list http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...7n-usb3-b3.pdf

If the memory is not the problem I would look at the power supply.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I believe that the memory will automatically downclock to 1333. I'm using ddr3 1600 in my atx Gigabyte h67a and it runs @ 1333 without any problems.

Since the g-skill runs @ 1.5v, I don't think it's a voltage issue either.

I'm betting that it's the mobo at this point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.