AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to play a burned CD-RW on my HD-A1 and now it won't eject the disc or respond at all. When I tried to play it the first time, it froze and the display just read "CD". I then tried to eject it. No response. I turned it off (holding the power button for 10 secs) and unplugged it. I turned it on and it freezes at "Welcome". It won't respond any further. I turned it off again and powered it on by hitting the eject button. Nothing--still freezes at "Welcome." Any ideas how I get it to eject this blasted disc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Look for a small hole under the right end of the disc tray. Insert a straightened paper clip into the hole. You'll feel some resistance, which is a microswitch. Turn on the player, and wait 15-30 seconds, still keeping pressure on the paper clip. The disc should eject.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If the disc still will not eject using the method above, post here and I'll go over what i had to do to get a disc out. I have the xa1 and the above method did not work for me. I had to go a little deeper into the unit to get the disc out. Good luck and let us know if it works.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whew. That did it. Thanks so much for the replies! I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce /forum/post/0

Look for a small hole under the right end of the disc tray. Insert a straightened paper clip into the hole. You'll feel some resistance, which is a microswitch. Turn on the player, and wait 15-30 seconds, still keeping pressure on the paper clip. The disc should eject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.