AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out what transponders hdnet and hbo hd is on. I am in Canada and I can get 87% on 119 but only the even transponders using a regular plus ird. Do the hd receivers see the odd transponders or am I not receiving them.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
If you are getting a good signal (and 86 is a good signal) then you should be getting odds & evens. It sounds like a bad cable, connector and or LNBF. You are using a known good lnbf aren't you?

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
wildchild..

No, the cables may NOT be okay. If you're only getting even transponders, the voltage isn't getting to the LNB or the LNB is flaky. HDNet is on the 119 satellite, tsp 25. Swap your 101 and 119 LNBs. If the problem remains for the 119, it's your cable or the connections. Or you have a splitter or something else in the line, somewhere.

Doc

·
Registered
924 Posts
What do you have in line between your reciever and the dish, multiswitches diplexors ect. I have seen this happen when someone adds an oval dish to an existing install where there is a multiswitch inside, they did not realize that the built in multiswitch on the dish would not play well with the one in the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.