AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an HDTV Direct TV receiver that will ouput both HDTV (YUV) and composite NTSC at the same time while tuned to either an HDTV channel or an NTSC channel? I'm using the DTC100 now and it has an "HD" button on the front that allows you to select either HD or composite but not both at the same time.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
No such thing exists.

You could get a RGBHV distribution amp and scan convertor which will let you do the same thing. I'm pretty sure this has been covered before here, try a few searches for part numbers and more details.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I'm new here. I would like to look at old posts on this topic. I have considered the scan converter option. But I think scan converters input progressive scan signals and the DTC100 outputs an 1080i or "something close to it". It's an interlaced signal. I appreciate any advice on this topic. Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think that the upcoming Zenith STB will output both SVHS and HD. It is supposed to be out in July but I'd wait and see. It may be worth it to wait versus buying the parts if the $700 price turns out to be correct.

Jim

------------------

Jim Sanchez - [email protected]

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I do hope that this Zenith machine turns out to be real. It seems able to do anything, a real Swiss Army Knife of a processor. Art

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
allen,

In HD mode, the DTC-100 will output a 1080i (where the "i" stands for interlaced scan) from a 1080i or 720p signal, or 540p (where the "p" stands for progressive scan) from 480p or 480i signals. Any 1080i HDTV compatible device will display either signal.

Check the last post in this topic for info on how scan convertors work, to give you both HDTV & composite/S-video at the same time. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/011149.html

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.