Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Inorder for you to get dtv channels, the ota antenna must be UHF not VHF. I also live in CA. And all digital channels are coming in thru UHF. But if you have a Uhf antenna on your roof, you might have to re-point that to Mt.Wilson. This is where all our channels are coming from. I would suggest to visit www.antennaweb.org or www.titantv.com. By placing your address this will show you where to point the antenna. And by doing this, you might not need a power amp. But if you do need to place an amp make sure to find out what kind of antenna you have whether it's a combined UHF/VHF antenna or strictly vhf or uhf. Because there are so many good pre-amps made for different styles of antenna. For UHF antenna a very good amp is the Channel Master titan 7775 model. Also visit this site www.channelmaster.com this will show you different models of preamps. Oh by the way make sure the antenna is hooked up to the dtv in of the Sony sathd100 . And after you have tried re-pointing the antenna. Go and do the dtv channel search, this will show you if you can pickup all new dtv channels.

Hope this helps.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Los Angeles at the beach in a big apartment building. There is an antenna on the roof that connects to all of the apartments. The connection is on the wall, they are a UHF "screw" connection. I use a converter to coaxial and run it across the room to my Sony HD 100. It is pulling in a few stations no problem like NBC and ABC is decent. Buy I can not get CBS and Fox at all. Is there a particular amplifier I can buy that will boost the signal. The signal for CBS is around 50. Fox is nothing. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.