AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the TV for 1 week. When watching from my E* 6000u reciever using s-video or composite out on VID3, 4 or 5, I get about 5 flickers of green about a second apart and then about 5 flickers of red. After that it usually calms down. It does not happen using component out. So, I called Dish Network and they sent me another 6000u. SAME THING. Component out, no problem, s-video flickers when changing stations no matter what I do.

Ok, here's the kicker. The 6000u does not flicker on my 36" Toshiba.

So it's the TV right? Maybe not. I tried my other two E* recievers (5000, 2700) through s-video. No flicker when changing stations. I used all the exact same cables. Just moved the SAT IN and s-video cables to each receiver. What gives? The problem seems to be the combination of a 6000u receiver and the 65s700. I can't say that either component is "broken".

Any ideas on my next move? Has anyone seen problems with the s-video in on these Hitachis?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called Sears yesterday. They are coming out today to take a look. I hope they can fix this. If not, I am in a real pickle. Each manufacturer will blame the other and I will be left in the middle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,

It appears that it is something I will have to live with. It seems that it is the combination of the two products that make this happen, although I really believe it is the Dish Network 6000u that is at fault.

I called Dish yesterday to see if they would send me an 811. I just paid for the 6000u about 6 weeks ago. They could care less that I have been a customer for 4 years and that most likely an 811 would fix my problem. They want another $149 for an 811.

I am going to try them one more time. I will try to get bumped up the line as far as I can in their customer support.

This sucks though. The flicker drives me nuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.