AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight after some rain and thunderstorms, I notice a horizontal line that scrolls up the screen from the bottom to top of my Mitsubishi WS-65857. I'm guessing that this scrolling line is a result of a grounding problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause? I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this problem. It's frustrating to watch a perfect HDTV broadcast with a faint (transparent) line scrolling up the screen.

Thank you,

Andrew

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Sabin:
Tonight after some rain and thunderstorms, I notice a horizontal line that scrolls up the screen from the bottom to top of my Mitsubishi WS-65857. I'm guessing that this scrolling line is a result of a grounding problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause? I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this problem. It's frustrating to watch a perfect HDTV broadcast with a faint (transparent) line scrolling up the screen.

Thank you,

Andrew

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry, I think I just sent back a quote with a blank reply. I recently had a similar problem when I installed a new HDTV Directv receiver, Princeton Graphics progressive scan line doubler, and the Princeton Graphics HDTV monitor. I had a horizontal line scrolling from the bottom to the top of the screen. It otherwise spoiled a perfect HDTV image. It turned out to be due to a ground loop. I seemed to notice it particulary after a storm. It was always there sometimes more noticable than others. It was sometimes barely noticeable but always there. I have my monitor located some distance from the receiver so that it turned out that they were on separate electrical circuits. It was suggested that I work on the electrical wiring so that they would both be on the same circuit. I did that and it completely solved the problem. Apparently if they the receiver and the monitor do not have the same ground that can cause the problem. Hope you get it solved because its very frustrating.

Larry Raulston

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.