Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

How do I extend the record time of a program that is already recording? I can't seem to figure out how to extend the time in this scenario and I know the end will be cut off if I don't do anything.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
One option would be to schedule a new custom recording to start at end of current onging recording, and end when desired. This would result in 2 recordings for the show in question, but would get all the show.

Ed

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You could also just record the following show (assuming the length of it isn't too large)... used to do this frequently with Tivo until they added the feature you are asking about...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ultimately, I ended up just recording the following program. In the future though it would be nice if I could extend the program five minutes or thirty minutes under this scenario. It needs to be a little more intuitive.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I thought recording could be extended 30,60 and 120 minutes on the UTV? I don't know how to do it either. Guess I need to read the manuals.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'm sure this will be a feature that will eventually be part of an upgrade. Unless, of course, Microsoft decides to drop UTV before then...

(the last sentence is an attempt to show that FUD goes both ways)... for balance, check out Bruce M's recent posts for Tivo FUD...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey140
I thought recording could be extended 30,60 and 120 minutes on the UTV? I don't know how to do it either. Guess I need to read the manuals.
They can, but I don't think it works for a show in progress.

Ed

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
ok.

Where is UTVInsider? Must be working on the new beta.....

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey140
I find that the extend, which can be done if the show has not begun showing yet, seems to fail sometimes. Today, I tried to set up NFL football, which shows in L.A. at 5:30 to 8:30,

If I try to add 60 minutes, then in myshows, it says it is recording 5:30 to 9:00

add 120 minutes, and it says 5:30 - 10:00

Seems like a bug.

And I thought for sure I added time to the baseball game yesterday, and found this morning it only recorded 3 hours. So, of course I missed the final few innings.

I guess I will have to go back to the old way of recording the following shows.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So you are saying that extending the time only extends the time half the amount requested. It is hard to believe that Microsoft would not have detected a bug like this. I think extending time works for me, but I usually double the time I think the game may need just to be safe.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by avsciencesq
So you are saying that extending the time only extends the time half the amount requested. It is hard to believe that Microsoft would not have detected a bug like this. I think extending time works for me, but I usually double the time I think the game may need just to be safe.
Actually I'd guess this is probably something to do with being on the 1/2 hour yet being a 3 hour show - possible to miss during testing. While it is recording, I checked it and it said 5 hours in myshows. That's the amount I had actually requested. But, when all was recorded, since the end time wouldn't add up correctly, it stopped short by 1/2 hour. It then changed in myshows, from 5 to 4:30. So, it's got two counters and they're not in sync.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.