AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to go to someone's house to check out a CRT projector he is selling. He does not know how to hook one up nor do I. It is the Electrohome ECP 3500. He is selling it at a very low price and sold as is. Since I live close to his place and will be able to check it out, then this might be a great oppurtinity for a very good deal.

Anyone have experience about this model?

Electrohome ECP 3500

James

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

Every DVD player outputs Composite Video and probably S Video as well; most use RCA connectors as video outputs; S out is usually a 4 pin DIN connector. ECPs always had RGBHV as standard inputs and some had the optional video decoder boards; early decoder boards only accept Composite on a BNC connector; newer decoders had S also; you may want to inquire of the seller what input cards are in the unit so as to not waste a trip; if he has a decoder board then take a BNC-to-RCA cable and a 4-pin-to4-pin S cable and you should be okay; decoder boards can be found here and on Ebay for $50 and up; the newer ones had much better image quality but none of them were line doublers. A used DVDO for a few hundred gives RGBHV out at 480p and may be the preferred way to go.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I did not know that it would accept compostie video. I thought that it would only accept RGBH/V.

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.