Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK system is:

Pioneer DVD (output: Component/S video/Composite via Scart plus S-Video via DIN)

JVC Nicam VHS (Output: Composite Scart)

NTL digital box (Output: Composite (I think!) via Scart)

Yamaha DSP E800 Processor (Can take S-Video (DIN) or composite RCA inputs. Can output S-Video (DIN) and composite RCA

Infocus LP530 projector (Can take S-Video (DIN), Composite video (RCA) and with the extra Infocus connector module I have will take component via 3x RCA (I think that may be labelled Y Cr Cb).

We also have a TV which takes Scart but I'm toying with eliminating that all together.

What's the best way to wire all this up to achieve best quality on the projector? Is it best to feed everything possible in S-video via the Yamaha to facilitate easier switching and then uplink S-Video to the projector or should I take a feed from the DVD player RGB scart out to the projector's 3xRCA component inputs. Will this work? Will any Scart-3xRCA cable work or does it have to be custom wired for scart pins?

The projector will require a 6-8m lead as it is at the other end of the room.

Many thanks for your help. I only bought the projector yesterday second hand, watched Pearl Harbour on composite last night on my old slide projector screen and was still blown away!

Saxon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.