AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight while watching a movie I noticed that the explosions didn't seem to have much oomph! So I tried turning up the sub volume through my Denon reciever and nothing was changing. (I keep the sub volume at about 4/10 oclock, and change sub volume through the denon) I went over to the sub and sure enough, there was no power light on (green or red). I turned it off and on a few times tried another wall outlet. She's dead.

I know it was working yesterday... It's almost 3 years old and in the last couple of months I have noticed it making a internal clicking type of noise once in a while.

Any ideas? Is this something that can probably be fixed or am I looking at a new amp or a whole new sub? I'm sure this has happened to a few people here. No, I haven't checked the fuse yet. Thought I'd check here first and call HSU tomorrow.

Why can't electronics last more than 3 years?!!!

Thanks for any help,

RD

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Russ:

The first thing I would do is check the fuse on the sub. I hope it is as simple as that :) . I had a HSU VTF-2 for several years and never had a problem with it. I how have a VTF-3 MK-II because I have a bigger room but the VTF-2 is still working fine at a friend's house. If it's not the fuse, send Dr. Hsu an email and I'm sure he will be able to help you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's not the fuse... if it were then I'd think there would be something internal that would probably still cause it. That happend with an old Alpine car amp I had 20 yrs ago. Anyway, it looks like I need to ship it off to HSU for either a fix or a new amp.

Thanks,

RD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.