AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large 25x18x18 room.

I can only fit one subwoofer; and it can't be over 24 inches tall.

I have been doing research for a week. Based on 90% home theater use; I am leaning toward a ported design; but not fully decided

The two subs in the title fit the bill; as best bang for the buck. I don't know which to choose; or to consider something else?

I am trying to keep costs under $750.

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well if price matters the Outlaw is $80 cheaper and includes a wireless kit which would run another $100+ if you bought a cheap one off of Amazon.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
They are very much alike, I have them both. The only performance difference is the VTF3 will have slightly more output capability in the lowest frequencies around its tuning point due to its greater port volume. I'm guessing this translates into a few extra decibels at 16 to maybe 20 hertz. In practice, my ears can't really tell the difference, both are marvelous subwoofers. What should sway your decision more between the two is the intended placement. If you are going to place it next to your seating like an endtable, go with the VTF3; it's side-firing driver may make for a punchier sub in that position. If you are placing it anywhere else, you might as well go with the Outlaw, the free shipping and wireless adapter make it a totally killer deal right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts