AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just went to watch a film and NO INPUT on my 300. I have tried all inputs composite, s-vhs, component both with and without the r12 interface box. Nothing happens. The lamp lights up and get test patterns and menu system no probs there. PC input on RGB graphics input is also working.

Does anyone know if there is an input board fuse or something gone. My HTPC isnt finnished and I really want to watch something.

· Registered
1,876 Posts
You may want to check your menu system and see if maybe you set the input resolution to 1080i to view your PC. If you are wanting to watch a DVD the resolution for the input you are trying to use (s-video, composite, etc.) needs to be set to either automatic or the resolution out of your DVD player.

I'm sure that your Sim2 menu is different from that on my Marantz but it's quite easy to have a disconnect between resolution out and resolution in.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have now tried flashing the firmware, Resetting to factory defaults. Still nothing on the video inputs.

Makes me think that the input board or the scaler has died.

· Premium Member
16,973 Posts
That happened to me and another customer using the interface box.

Once the interface is plugged in with a source going to it(make sure nothing is plugged into the projector direct at the same time) and the projector gives you no signal power down the projector and re power from the remote.

Select your input from there and you will be all set. It loses its memory once in a while. When that happens if you plug something into any other input other than the interface the projector will not see it unless you unplug the interface and re boot the projector.

Let me know how you make out.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advise Alan.

Unfortunatley it didnt work. Tried all sorts of cable combinations, nothing.

Carl,

I will take 2 asprin, only problem is I am the dealer. Oh well, tech support I surpose tommorow.

· Registered
704 Posts
The only experience I have had that is close to this dealt with trying to physically switch an input while a movie, was running. In other words, while the DVD player was running I unplugged the composite input on the HT300 and plugged in the s-video. The HT300 would not detect any signal after I unplugged the composite, it lost the signal. It could not detect the signal on the s-video. I tried switching the input on the menu, I tried plugging the composite back in and nothing worked. I had to power the projector all the way down and power it back up (re-boot) before it would detect a signal.

Lesson learned - You don't just unplug an input, while it is feed source material to the HT300. You plug in the new source and then switch to that input, thru your menu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.