Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I recently bought some new speakers to expand my system into a 6.1 one. I was all excited until I put in my disc with 6.1 DTS ES surround sound and pressed play. No sound! No sound at all from any of the speakers!

I've tested the channels with my amplifier and they work. I get sound when I use Dolby 5.1. But it just won't work with DTS ES 6.1.

I've got this amplifier (Yamaha RX-V440RDS) and this DVD player (it says "DTS/Dolby Digital: Yes/Yes (inbuilt 5.1 decoder + digital out)" on the DVD player). It should work, right?

Does anyone have a clue on why I can't get any sound?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22,264 Posts
Make sure that the DVD player has DTS bitstream enabled.

When you start the DVD, select DTS in the audio menu.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You also may have to set up you receiver to play DTS. Read your receiver manual. Refer to sections like input set-up and audio adjust. DTS may need to be turned on. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I agree with Ratman, make sure your DVD player is outputing bitstream and not PCM. Also when posting to an English language board, it is normally helpfull if you links ARE NOT IN GERMAN

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Is the receiver able to decode DTS-ES? (Probably, if you were able to hook up the 6th channel in the first place.)

You've connected your DVD player to your receiver using optical or coaxial digital, right?

Can you play 5.1 DTS DVDs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.