AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me??? I have a Sony KV40XBR700 TV and a Hughes Hirde86 Directv HD tuner. When my kids are watching the Disney Channel the logo on the bottom left part of the screen is only partly visible. It's supposed to show Disney on the top and Channel right below it and it only shows Disney. I wouldn't care except that my wife keeps bugging me about it. She says "We paid $3,000 for that TV and it doesn't show as much picture as our $300 TV???" I've went into the menus on both the TV and the HD tuner and tried changing everything and I still can't get it to show the whole picture!!! When I'm watching ESPN, the score tracker that runs along the bottom of the screen is missing the bottom boarder. We used to be able to see the whole picture before so I don't know what the hell happened!!! Any advice would be deeply appreciated!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a Philips 32inch progressive scan TV that has a button on the remote that toggles the aspect ratios between 16:9, 4:3 and 4:3 Expand where some of the picture is lost. Try toggling the different aspect ratios on your TV while watching cable as settings are sometimes input mode specific.

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SVonhof
Dennis, did you figure it out? It sounds like the zoom feature was used to scale the pic to fill the width of a widescreen tv.
My TV doesn't have a zoom feature. I was able to go into the service mode and adjust the hsiz and vsiz settings. These settings are for adjusting the overscan. My wife is happy now which makes me happy.

Thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
did you try to reset the TV. using remote control.

turn TV off .

press on reset button on remote keep holding then press on\\off button on TV while holding reset button on remote.

see if that help.

also that TV is very sensitive to any magnetic fields. even the earth movement.

see if you could move any speakers away from TV at least 8`.

last i would think the magnet on tube came off the picture tilted.

call the service center if nothing above helping to correct it.

i have same TV tech man came 3 times to correct my TV. they couldn`t

they claim the apartment have an old wiring effecting the picture. you paid $3000. i paid $4000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.