AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Acurus A250 today When I turned it on and turn up the volume my Denon 3802 starts clicking on and off, like going into protection mode. When I turn the amp off, everything works fine, so I am assuming I am drawing too much power off my AC line. Here is my question. I would like to tell the electrician exactly what I want, but am not sure what I need. Here is my equipment:

Denon 3802

Acurus A200x5

Acurus A250

Panansonic H1000

Hughes Titan E86 STB

Mitsubishi WS-55807

Atlantic Technology PBM 262

Panamax 500 DBS

If you could tell me what gauge wire should be run and the amps of the breakers, it would be greatly appreciated since the electrician is coming on Wednesday.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I doubt you're pulling too much current.

But for the electrician, tell him you want a dedicated 20 amp circuit with a home run to the breaker box. Make sure all of the outlets that will be used in any part fo the system (including cable box, TV etc) are on the same phase.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I also HIGHLY doubt you a drawing too much. I run 3 A250's and 2 BIG Denon POA's off the same circuit. They are all plugged into a Furman Rackrider...And I dont have any problems.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I unplugged my sub from the back of the Denon and plugged it into a wall socket next to the sub and it eliminated the problem. I am a dumbass! Thanks for all the help though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.