AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I misunderstood the calibration instructions and can't remember the default settings for r-offset, g-offset, b-offset and rgb-gain

Does anyone know them? Can anyone check theirs and get back to me?

Thank you

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Hit reset in the user menu for the grayscale stuff. Usually 25 across the board.

User section ... hit reset ...

regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't seem to have an effect on the settings in the service menu. They are set at 512 and I just adjusted by sight... so far so good.

Samsung suggested I call tier 2 support.

They said to go to the tv source and hold exit for 20 seconds to set everything to factory default. They did not have the repair service settings.

I won't try it as I have it set by sight but I may go to Best Buy and access the service menu they have an write the numbers down quickly.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Of course they are different on every samsung tv.

When you can do grayscale in the user menu ... why would you even try to do it in the service area?

YOu found the info to get in there and do harm ... but missed all the warning messages about people that mess things up in there.

regards

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello mlovacheff,

Michael is right. With most of the modern displays on the market today. You should not need to touch the service menu at all to perform a calibration. Everything you need is in the user menu.

Entering the service menu especially when you aren't sure what you are doing is asking for a broken TV.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlovacheff /forum/post/19572402

I misunderstood the calibration instructions and can't remember the default settings for r-offset, g-offset, b-offset and rgb-gain

Does anyone know them? Can anyone check theirs and get back to me?

Thank you

These are set at 512 by default.

Stay out of the service menu. No need to go in there. Especially on a Samsung.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.