AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bulb in my Sammy HLS5088W had well over 10,000 hours on it so....being that my extended warranty is due to expire in a few months I called...fibbed a bit
....and had new bulb sent to me by ServiceNet. Last week I replaced the bulb. The first few times I powered up the bulb would light up......and then shut down. But, on the third try.....and once I put the enclosures back on...the bulb fired up and stayed lit. I was a bit disappointed because I expected to see a much brighter picture (because of all the hours logged on the old bulb) and instead I actually felt that the picture was a bit dark. A day or so later I noticed that on the far right hand side of the screen I've got a bright section that is about 1.5 inches wide at the top and narrows down to maybe a 1/4 inch at the bottom of the screen. This "bright" section appears to have the picture quality I was hoping for.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? Did I do something wrong during the install? Is the bulb falty? Did ServiceNet send me a cheap "knockoff"?

Please help..................thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts